literally and otherwise..
- Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.
- Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regret, so love the people who treat you right, forget the ones that don’t, and believe that everything happens for a reason. if you get a chance, take it, f it changes your life, let it. nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
- The only way we can make peace is for each of us to be the peace we want to see.” — Susan Collin Marks
- “Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.” — Nelson Mandela
- Oscar Wilde: “Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.”
- “We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”
- be gentle with yourself. you are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. – max ehrmann
- Finish each day and be done with it. you have done what you could. some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. tomorrow is a new day. you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. – ralph waldo emerson
- To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch… to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. this is to have succeeded!- ralph waldo emerson
- Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best. forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others. live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you!-christian d. Larson
- go for long walks, indulge in hot baths, question your assumptions, be kind to yourself, live for the moment, loosen up, scream, curse the world, count your blessings, just let go, just be – carol shields
- fall in love or fall in hate. get inspired or get depressed. ace a test or flunk a class. make babies or make art. speak the truth or lie and cheat. dance on tables or sit in the corner. life is divine chaos. embrace it. forgive yourself. breathe. enjoy the ride….-solbeam
- Be glad of life, because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars; to be satisfied with your possessions; to despise nothing in the world except falsehood and meanness, and to fear nothing except cowardice; to be governed by your admirations rather than by your disgusts; to covet nothing that is your neighbor’s except his kindness of heat and gentleness of manners; to think seldom of your enemies, often of your friends…and to spend as much time as you can, with body and with spirit. These are little guideposts on the footpath to peace. -Henry van Dyke
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. so throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. explore. dream. discover. -unknown
- peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart. -unknown
- happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.- denis waitley
- the adventure of life is to learn. the goal of life is to grow. the nature of life is to change. the challenge of life is to overcome. the essence of life is to care. the secret of life is to dare. the beauty of life is to give. the joy of life is to love! -william ward
- Happiness can exist only in acceptance. – Denis De Rougamont