My name is Leanne, and I can’t think of a better way to write my first post then with some freshly painted nails, and Christmas movies on in the background! Maybe a glass of wine would make this a better scene, but that can wait until later. Ah, where to begin! Well, this may seem like the wrong time of year to start a “healthy living blog,” with all the Christmas cookies and eggnog (yuck!), but thats why I am doing it! I want to show that its important to enjoy the holidays and treat yourself without overdoing it. It is possible to eat a cookie or two and still be healthy. Everyone needs a little sweetness in their life, and the holiday time is the time to relax, enjoy time with family, and create memories. When you look back at holiday memories food is always there, so why not enjoy it! I guess I just have to explain this to my family next week when I am taking picture of everything I am eating, and they look at me like I’m nuts!!
So, how does the typical first post go? I don’t want to bore you with facts and the history of my life.. I plan on doing a lot of that in future posts, but I’ll start by telling you why I’ve wanted to start a blog, and how much I have gotten out of the blogs I read daily. I started to read healthy living/food blogs my Sophomore year in college, and I thought it was time to stop hiding behind reading them, and take a chance on writing one of my own.
This is exciting for me because healthy food is a passion of mine, and not everyone likes to hear about in 24/7, so I tend to stay quite about it. This is the perfect creative outlet for me to express my passion and hopefully people choose to read about it! I wanted to bring together all the helpful information I’ve learned, and hopefully learn more along the way, so I am working on organizing my favorite tips, tricks, blogs and links, in one spot, so that it helps me and whoever decides to read along!
I have a few reasons for starting this blog…
1) I need motivation in the kitchen to cook new things and experiment. I am a creature of habit, and my food choices tend to become habits as well. A perfect example of this is my breakfasts this week. They have consisted of: oatmeal, oatmeal, and more oatmeal. I mean I add things to the oatmeal, but that doesn’t make it any more interesting. I need some change! Variety is the spice of life right?
2) I need to take more chances in my life.. and believe it or not, this is actually living on the edge for me (shows you how adventurous I am). I feel like the character Julie from the movie Julia and Julia when she is scared to start her blog and has no followers… but you have to start somewhere right?
3) I wanted to share my ups and downs (literally and mentally) of the past few years with the people in my life who know about it ALL, and with the people who don’t.
4) I want to start the new year of 2011 with something FRESH and FUN to do!
5) I love food and am passionate about eating healthy, and I want to share that with people and stop hiding from it.
6) I want to start exercising again, and if I want to be part of the healthy bloggers that I admire, I need to start incorporating it in my life.
So, there it is folks. My very first official post. I know there are no pretty pictures of my food yet, but I promise they will start tomorrow..
I’ll leave you with a quote until we meet again. (because I am a sucker for good quotes..)
“The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you. Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”
– William Jennings Bryan
Check out my “Who’s Plate is this?” page and the Quotes page, and come back for more updates daily!